Tuesday, July 21, 2009

5K Firecracker....

To start the 4th of July off with a bang this year, my Mom and I decided to run in a 5K. My Mom was celebrating the fact that she had lost 100 pounds and I was curious to see if I could do it just two months after having Lydia. We both crossed the finish line before our goals! I walked/ran with my Mom the first half of the race and she was amazing! I never thought I'd get to do something like that with her. It makes me tear up just thinking about it. Thanks Mom for being such a great example! We both did GREAT!




2 comments:

Angie said...

Congrats on such an amazing acheivement! That is so awesome you could do that with your mom. I would love to do that one day.

Susan said...

Congrats on the 5K. . your Mom looks great!