
My poor little Jenna fell and splint her head open. She had to get three staples in her little head and still has quite the bump! We were about 30 seconds from leaving on a little day trip to Alpine to see the elk and play in the snow a bit and she came running to get out the door. Her little body got going too fast, her feet just couldn't catch up. She hit her head right into the corner of the wall. I was there watching the whole thing, but couldn't stop it. I immediately saw blood, picked her up and took her to Jake in the kitchen. He said "oh" went upstairs and got some toilet paper to clean up the blood. After he took it off the first time, we thought she needed stitches so we called the doctor, headed out the door and was on our way in about 2 minutes. She did so well. I think she was quite dazed and confused at first, but after the doctor put anesthetic in the wound, she seemed okay. She didn't even cry or flinch when the doctor put the staples in...not until the third one. She then cried for a little bit, but was SOO brave. I cannot believe it was Jenna that was my first stitches/staples experience. But she did so good. She has had a headache for the past few days, but it doesn't seem to bother her too much. This is all while she is still recovering from pneumonia that she was diagnosed with on Thursday! She has had quite the week! Good thing for doctors!

3 comments:
Poor girl! But she is such a trooper! I hope this means she will have an uneventful spring/summer!
Oh no! She is so brave! Hopefully it heals nicely and quickly!
Ouch that is no good, hope she is doing better now.
Post a Comment