Wednesday, September 22, 2010

TOU half marathon...

Wow, what a race. It was nothing I expected, or wanted, but it was a learning experience. I learned that I can do something that I really put my mind too. I also learned that long distance running might not be my forte :). The first 6 miles were great. I had a rough start, but when I finally found my groove, I made great time until about mile 7. I then started to have to go to the bathroom REALLY bad. So, I had Jake run ahead and stand in line at a potty for me. I couldn't run much of mile 7 or 8 because of the potty situation so it was super frustrating. When I got to the potty to my surprise Jake was not at the front of the line like I had hoped. I still had to wait for about 6 or 7 minutes and it was so frustrating. From mile 9 on the race went pretty good. I was in some intense pain from my foot but other than that we ran a good race. I was disappointed in my time, but it only happened because of something I couldn't control. If you take out the potty break, my time would have been right where I wanted it.

Some things I learned:
*I love running with Jake. He motivates me and keeps me positive.
*I can do things I put my mind to.
*I can run through PAIN.
*Never underestimate potty breaks.
*Cache Valley is Beautiful!
*My family is a great support.
*That I can make myself proud!!!

No comments: