To distract me from not having this little baby yet and it being my due date yesterday, we decided to take the kids fishing at Mackart's pond. I am so glad we did. It turned out to be a really fun fishing trips with lots of memories made. All 3 of the kids got to reel in a fish, huge fish that liked to jump out of the water, which makes it even more fun and I got to have some distraction!
Three cute kids with 3 fishing poles...
Jenna was the first to give it a try...we didn't catch anything from this spot.
Lydia felt so big having her own pole....this was the first time (and last time--more on that later) having this pole to fish with.
Anthony landed the first fish!!
Jenna got to bring in the next one...
and last but not least, Lydia got to help Dad bring in the 3rd big fish.
I love this picture of all 3 kids lined up fishing! I have so many fond memories of fishing with my family growing up and now I get to pass that on and make more with my own little family.
What a fun night and now we get to eat fish for dinner tonight!!
(I do not want to include this story, but Jake said I should....)
So on further explanation of Lydia's fishing pole comment, here is the story. I had taken Lydia and Jenna further down the bank because we had seen some fish jump and weren't catching anything where we were currently. I put Lydia's worm out into the water, put the pole down on the bank since Lydia wanted to go back to Dad, took Jenna's hand and walked her down the bank a little to put her's in too. I helped Jenna, turned around to walk back to the other pole and couldn't find the bobber out in the water. Huh?...looked at the pole and it started moving off the bank. Wow!!! I started running (as fast as my 10 month pregnant body could) and yelling at Jake to tell him the pole was going in.
I got there with enough time to watch the pole hit the water and Jake was still running over. We could see the pole about 8-10 feet out into the water and felt completely helpless. Jake ran back and got his pole and tried to 'catch' Lydia's pole, but to no success...after he tried once, we watched the Barbie pole SLOWLY swim away never to be seen again. If it wasn't so funny, it truly would be a sad story. It was one of those times you felt completely helpless in doing anything but really wish you could have.
That poor fish swimming around the pond with a pole stuck to it. Hope it comes off soon!!








1 comment:
Haha! That makes me laugh! Sounds like you all had a good time though. :)
Post a Comment