Sunday, June 5, 2011

Owen Stephan...

 Owen Stephan Williams has finally arrived!!!

Wow, what an emotional, hard, tiring last 9 days of pregnancy. Going that far past ones due-date is NOT fun.  I was only able to do it because I knew Heavenly Father wanted me to wait...either Owen wasn't ready to come or I wasn't ready to have him here. I will never know, but I do know that I am grateful I listened and waited for the time to be right.

My last pregnancy picture...

 Owen ready to come home...

 Cleaning him up...
 8 lbs 5 oz, 20 inches long...
 One proud Dad...Jake was even the one to tell me it was a boy this time and I heard it :)...The times before it was a nurse who told me and another time I didn't hear it and had to be told several times...
 His first bath...
 All wrapped up and sleeping...
The kids meeting him for the first time....LOVE this picture...it brings so much joy to my heart!!

Here is the birth story for those of you who want to read it....

We had to go in on Tuesday evening because my body wasn't 'ready' to be started yet.  They gave me a pill of Cytotec which is used to help ready the cervix for labor.  I slept horrible that night with the monitors on, Owen moving all the time and so we were ready for the morning.  The nurse started me on the very lowest dose of pitocin at 7 o'clock in the morning.  The doctor came in a little after 8 o'clock, broke my water and upped the dose of Pitocin.  Jake and I started playing cards and around 9:30 or so I had to start breathing through my contractions...nothing serious just had to focus on them a little more.  Around, 10 I had to stop the game since I was not focused on it at all.  The nurse checked me at 10:15 and I was at a 6, 80% effaced.  After the next contraction I asked her for some pain medicine, but she didn't think we had enough time for it since they like to have 2 hours so that it does not get into the baby's system.  At that point the contractions were pretty intense but I was still staying calm and not tensing up so I felt confident in going forward without anything....plus I had no choice at that point.  She checked me again around 10:35, ran out the door and said call the doctor quick.  She came in and started prepping me for the delivery and stated she could deliver the baby but would prefer the doctor be there so if I could just breath through the contractions instead of pushing....yeah, right but I tried!  The doctor got there, got 'dressed' and turned around to help out.  He was still putting on his gloves when the head came out.  Jake said the nurses were teasing the doctor that he could catch a baby without gloves on but he got them on just in time.  
One more push and Owen was here at 10:44 AM!  

Jake told me it was a Boy with the biggest smile on his face....I had a pretty big one on too!  A wonderful, quick delivery even when I had to be induced and a beautiful baby boy ... I couldn't have asked for more (except maybe not having to go 9 days over my due date).  But I have always wanted a June baby and finally got one...just didn't think I would be due in May and have him in June :)!!

5 comments:

Katrina said...

He is so sweet! Congrats again!!

Angie said...

congratulations! He is so sweet even though he was late. I am happy for you 2 of each!

Becky said...

He is a cutie! Can't wait to meet him in person, keep him little please :)

Jessica O said...

Oh, how fun. I'm glad you got your little june baby too and that you're doing well! :) Those are really cute pictures and I LOVE the one with you and all your kids on the bed with you. :) You are a fun mom!

mcbingham said...

Congrats Katie! I'm so glad that everything went well...even if it was 9 days later than planned. Nice job finding all of the great things about it though! :) You're such a cute mom!