Thursday, October 4, 2012

Jenna turns 5...



 I have had kind of a hard time getting used to my 2nd child being 5.  For some reason, it has been harder to admit that she is growing up than it was for me with Anthony.  But she is growing up into quite a pretty little lady.  This year she wanted a jewelry party, oh I had fun with that one!  I didn't know what kind of cake went with that theme, so I decided to do a barbie cake for a surprise. I LOVED how it turned out and so did Jenna.  While she was at school, I decorated it and she came home to it looking beautiful!  Lydia was so excited she couldn't keep it a secret from Jenna on the ride home from school, but Jenna had no idea what she was talking about so it still worked out fine :).  Love it!  Later that afternoon, Jenna has a few of her friends over to make necklaces, play freeze dance and eat cupcakes.  It was a fun little party.  The girls went home with a little bucket of candy necklaces, a few blingy flower rings, a ring-pop, a few plastic bracelets and their own made necklaces (I love the target $1 bins)!  The party was a great success.  Jenna was smiling the whole time.

After Jake got home from work, Jenna chose to go to Subway for dinner, so we went and got Subway and took it to the park and let the kids play and Jenna opened her presents there.  She had a wonderful birthday and she already can't wait until she turns 6!





No comments: