One of the many things we will miss when we go home is the food here. It is so yummy and you can find just about any kind of food you'd like ... Lebanese, Turkey, Afghanistan, you name it, you can find it. To me there isn't a lot of difference in a lot of those places food, but I do love it. Our favorite food for sure has been the rice, charcoal chicken, the shawarma, the hummus, flat bread and the yummy fruit juices here!
Below is a picture of one of the places we like to go called Iskanderun. It has the most amazing chicken shawarma (pictured below cooking). It also has amazing juices. Our favorites have been the pomegranate, orange/pineapple and the lemon/mint. So good! Jake things that french fries were invented to be in a schawarma sandwich and I'd have to agree ... the combination is pretty amazing!
And then there is this bean 'soup' that they serve at breakfast. Apparently it is a delicacy enjoyed throughout the Arabian Peninsula, but I think it's name describes it perfectly ... foul!





No comments:
Post a Comment