I was kind of nervous to have Lydia's birthday here in Bahrain because I have limited resources to find things here, but boy did this girl have a good day and she was spoiled! It started out by the breakfast staff making her this adorable fruit face and coming out and singing Happy Birthday to her. She was so thrilled and slightly embarrassed too. What a fun way to start out the day! We got to go swimming too and Jake even got to join in for a little while too, so fun! After we had lunch we went to the movie theater to watch Rio 2 and ended up having the whole theater to ourselves, she thought she was so special! It was a cute movie that we could relate a lot too since the birds go on an adventure. Lydia even came up to us at one point and said that the GPS on the movie was like what we had in our Italy car ... "You have reached your destination!"
We even found balloons to hang on her door, which is one of the only things she asked for, phew! Thankfully Jake found some at the store. After the movie she picked to go to McDonald's for dinner. Jake and I grabbed shawarma's from a local shop instead, but the kids had fun running around the play place.
We came home from another cake that the cleaning crew had left! AND Jake's co-worker Mike had made Lydia a special cake too. Three cakes in one day! She was so lucky! After we sang to her she got to open her presents which were her own candy, a beautiful dress and some pink sandals! Happy Birthday Lydia!
Things I LOVE about Lydia ...
~She is so sweat. She will randomly come give me hugs during the day and tell me she loves me!
~She loves her yellow hair, so do I.
~She loves to look pretty. She is always asking if her clothes are pretty, if her hair can be pretty or if she is pretty! Of course!
~She is a wonderful sharer. She will share her things if someone is sad, even if it means she doesn't get anything.
~She loves to say the prayer, especially in Italian now.
~She is so excited to be 5!
~She loves to color, play play-doh and do puzzles.
~She is so excited to go to Kindergarten next year, even though I tell her she cannot leave me for that long in the day, I'll miss her smiley face.
~I love you Lydia!! I am so lucky to be your Mom!










1 comment:
We all feel the same! We love Lydia too.
Post a Comment