Monday, June 9, 2008

A weekend in Logan...

Wow---we had a fun weekend. Anthony, Jenna and I packed up on Thursday and went to Logan. We had so much fun with Grandma and Grandpa Guymon.

We got so many things done, but the highlights of the trip were....
First and foremost...I RAN A 5K!!! To those of you who don't know, I have never ever been a runner. EVER. There is a relay race here in Idaho Falls that is 40 miles and you run 5 miles of that with 8 people on your team. Anyway, Jake wanted to run it and so I said....why not? I can train for that, can't I?? WOW....running is hard. So, when I got down to Logan, my mom told me it was the Providence City Fun Run on Saturday and thought I should try it out. I thought it might be a good idea...so off I went to run on Saturday morning. I had mixed feelings and thoughts throughout the run, but I FINISHED. I finished with a time of 36 minutes and 57 seconds. I thought that was great for never having run 3 miles in my whole entire life before. There were times during the run when I wondered why I paid to torture myself running, but was very satisfied with the end result.

Our other highlights were having grandpa take CUTE pictures of my kids (see the side bar and below), finishing a quilt for my bed, laminating a BUNCH of file folders and FHE activities, having Uncle Myron help my TMJ pain and just having fun with family and friends.


9 comments:

Becky said...

Sounds (and looks) like a lot of fun! Logan is a GREAT place! Fun quilt!

marathon runner said...

YEAH FOR YOU! My first 5k I thought I was going to die! I am so excited for you! It is fun to see people get the running bug. We will e cheering you on at bone. We lokk forward to seeing you.

Unknown said...

Great quilt, and congrats on the 5k! What great pictures! I want to order some CTMH, so watch out for my email :)

J-Babe said...

Hey you got to start somewhere and just keep going. It will be fun to see you running Bone!

Bryan and Janelle Guymon said...

Yay! Nice job! I am trying to get back into the running thing again myself, and you are right, it is HARD!! Nice job on your fun run though, that is AWESOME! Very cute pictures too!

mcbingham said...

Go fight win for you...running a 5k! Your pictures are so cute, I love 'em!! (ya got a great photographer ;)) We'll have to get together again soon when you're down around L-town!

Stephanie said...

What cute pictures of cute kids! Congrats on your 5K - that's awesome! I used to be a runner-hater, too, but once I got into it, I love it! Keep up the good work!

Dominoe said...

Way to go on your run! Kudos to you! And your kids are adorable - great pics!

Natalie♥ said...

Cute pictures and I love the quilt! You are so talented.