Thursday, March 12, 2009

A weekend away...

Last weekend we were lucky enough to get away for a while. We went down to Salt Lake area and had a blast. We traveled to my parents house on Thursday night and slept there. It is always fun to relax at my parents and let the kids play.


Friday morning, we got up and went to the Draper Temple open house. It was so beautiful. I love taking my kids to the temple with me. The spirit is there even though it is not dedicated yet. Even the kids can feel it. I hate having to leave and walking out of the temple into the world. It was a great experience once again. Anthony keeps asking when we can go back and see Jesus' water. He loved the baptisimal font.
After the temple, we went and had lunch and drove down to Orem to see Cabellas. Jake bought a shot gun and needed to pick it up. The store was amazing. Anthony loved seeing all the animals and 'shooting' clothes (camo stuff). We went to the shooting gallery and he got to 'shoot' a bear, elk, skunk, snake and lots of bottles. It was great fun! He already wants to go back.

We then headed up to Luke's house. Anthony was so excited to see his cousin and his baby brother, Seth. We decided to go to the Kangaroo Zoo and boy did the kids have fun. They ran and ran for the whole 2 hours we were there. I couldn't believe some of the slides they went down. They would just run from one blow up toy to the next. That was the first thing they asked for when they woke up the next morning too, Can we go to the Zoo??


Saturday we got to visit some of our friends from when we lived down there and went to school. We got home late that night and had a blast. It was such a great weekend. It is always so nice to get away and enjoy time spent with family and friends! I can't wait for the next time!

5 comments:

Janelle said...

Looks like a GREAT weekend. Glad you had a fun time.

Love,
Bryan

J-Babe said...

What a fun and busy weekend! That is neat you were all able to go to the temple. I love those places with the blow up toys, the kids have a blast!

Stephanie said...

What a fun zoon place! Where is it?

Janelle said...

Looks like such a fun weekend! I wish we lived close enough to go to the temple open house - it sounds like it was a neat experience for your family!

Katrina said...

What a fun weekend! I love getting away and enjoying a little time doing something different. I'm glad you guys took the time to do something out of the ordinary!!