Lydia was SO excited for her birthday this year. There were lots of birthdays leading up to hers, so she had a good idea what was in store. When everyone sang to her, she sang "Happy Birthday to ME" right along with everyone else. It was so cute! She never really had a specific want for her birthday, so we just decided on things that she could use, but didn't want to do toys. We already have enough of those. So, she got a hiking backpack to use this summer, a rag quilt like her brother and sister and a color wonder set. She was so happy every time she opened something. We took her to Wendy's for her birthday dinner because she loves chicken nuggets and fries! We just love this little Lydia!
Bad picture, but Anthony was making all sorts of silly faces at me so I made him shut his eyes. I had to document his part of Lydia's birthday :). I got a call from the school in the morning saying that Anthony had been hit in the head with a backpack before school started and they had cleaned it up and that it was "just a scratch". I had them have Anthony call me and he said he was okay and because I was busy with Lydia that day, I didn't go over to check it out. Boy, how I wish I would have. When he got home the band-aid was saturated and when I took it off I knew immediately that he would need stitches, especially because wrestling state was that weekend and he would be moving around A LOT. So we packed everyone up, headed to the doctor and sure enough, 2 stitches. It wasn't super long, but it was deep. The doctor gave him the chance to have the numbing stuff or to just have him do the stitches. Anthony chose to just have him do the stitches and he did so well. He just squeezed my hand really hard and barely even cried. Next time I will make sure I make it over to the school to check out the "its just a scratch"!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment