Monday, July 7, 2008

4th of July

We had a fun 4th of July. I started off the day by running in the 5K Firecracker that goes along the parade route. I improved my time by 5 minutes of the last 5K I ran. If I could just stop throwing up on the last half mile, i'd get my time to be even better. Oh well...it is an amazing feeling being able to run 3.1 miles. Jake brought the kids in after the race and we watched the parade. It was fun and Anthony had a good time waving his flag at the passing cars/firetrucks/people.

After the parade, we went up to Bear Creek to go motorbike riding and four wheeling with the Williams family. It was a lot of fun despite the mosquitoes, and dust :). We strapped Jenna's carseat to the front of the fourwheeler and she had so much fun. Anthony just loves being on the motorbike with Dad and getting dirty! We drove up to the top of the mountain close to where the boys hunt in the fall and it is no wonder that they continue going up there. it is beautiful! The mountains are amazing and the view is so gorgeous.
Anthony took the picture of us in the snow. He is getting to be a pretty good photographer!!

We left the mountain and went straight to the fireworks show. The fireworks always amaze me. It is so awesome that people can figure out how to make such a pretty show out of them. We had a great 4th of July and we hope you all did too!

2 comments:

The Strawn Family said...

Katie - hey so far grocery smarts is only a utah thing but we are working on getting into Idaho! I will let you know when it is available to you!
Looks like you had a great 4th of July!
Stephanie

Natalie♥ said...

Cute pictures and what a fun 4th of July you had. I have always wanted to strap my babies carseats on the 4-wheeler and give them a ride. I am glad it worked for you. It was fun to sit by you at the parade.