Okay, i've been missing in action for a while now on my blog, hopefully someone has noticed ;). Every spare minute has been consumed with canning these last two weeks...oh and putting on a super saturday for our ward!! Busy, busy!
I have never canned before...only the few times I watched my mom do it from a distance. But this year, I got the bug. I'm not sure where I got it..but I did. It must be in the air.
Here is the list of things i've canned so far...
--Green beans
--Applesauce
--Freezer corn
--Peaches (canned, frozen, syrup, ate..you name it 80 lbs of peaches when through my house)
--Pizza sauce
--Choke Cherry syrup and jelly
--Apricot jam
--and I have 50 lbs of pears coming my way and WAY more tomatoes on my plant outside.
I have really enjoyed putting in my store downstairs and I'm sure will enjoy the fresh produce throught the winter! I also LOVE the sound of the 'popping' the lids make as they seal! But my mom even said I have a canning floor right now, it is sticky and dirty and I'd like to get it clean sometime soon!!
6 comments:
I hear you! It is time for it to be over!
Wow, Katie. Maybe I'll come visit your house next year. You're a pro! Great job.
Look at you! Very impressive...
I am sure I can find something else for you to can :)
It's SO nice to know I am NOT the only one...geeesh! I am actually going to can chicken and meat tomorrow..yeah can't wait, my first time!! could you email me the recipes for what you canned? I would really appreciate someone else's expertise...LOL!
rayandnicole@msn.com
Thanks a ton!
I'm inpressed at your canning! For your fist time you sure did a lot of different things! I'll need a lesson someday...
Post a Comment