
I love labor day weekend. Not only is it so fun to have my husband home for an extra day, it usually falls right around my birthday so we try to do something fun. The last few years, haven't been anything spectacular, but this year made up for it. We had a WONDERFUL weekend of camping, bike riding, geocaching, fishing, relaxing, eating, etcetera. My parents, aunt, uncle and cousin with her boy came and met us at Riverside Campground close to Island Park. We got there Friday night and came home on Monday afternoon.
Friday, we just made dinner and enjoyed the company. Saturday, we went to Big Springs and saw the biggest fish we have ever seen. People feed these fish ALL day long, so they are seriously obese. HUGE! We also started our geocaching experience. If you have never heard of that, it is like a HUGE treasure hunt (or pirate treasure hunt as Anthony calls it). You use your GPS and punch in coordinates you have found on the geocache website and follow them to a box someone has hid and stashed with treasures. You take something out of the box and put something back in for the next person! So much fun for little kids!! Anthony had almost as much fun as me doing it ;). The rest of Saturday was spent hanging out, catching frogs and getting dirty.
Sunday, we went for a bike ride in Harriman National Park and enjoyed the beautiful outdoors. We also enjoyed some time in the hammock and then it got so cold we had to eat inside. Still a fun day though. Monday, we went geocaching in the morning and then went to Mesa Falls. I have never seen this waterfall and it was amazing!
It was such a great weekend and I hope for many more wonderful Labor Day weekends and I suppose more birthdays to go with them.
6 comments:
What a fun weekend! I love camping and geocahshing!! :)
Were you still in Island park when it snowed? it was cold! We also went to Mesa Falls on Monday! We were there EARLY in the morning, and then drove on to West Yellowstone. I have always wanted to go to big springs but on the way home It started to snow and it was sooo cold! geocahsing! I have always wanted to do that we will have to try it on our next adventure out. thanks for the good idea!!!
Looks like so much fun!! I'm glad you had a good birthday weekend!
I love how you said Anthony ALMOST had as much fun geocaching as you and Jake did. Looks like you had a blast.
Happy Happy Birthday Katie!! It sounds like you had a memorable one!!
Looks like you had a great birthday weekend! And cute new background for you blog! Thanks for the visit this last weekend!
Post a Comment