Monday, February 2, 2009

Oh the joys of a box...

Last Monday for Family Home Evening, we decided to play in a box. We had just gotten a new freezer for the meat we've collected this fall. Jake brought it in and I don't think I've seen the kids so excited. We just put it on the floor and they RAN through it about a million times. Jake would be a bear on one side and the kids would run from him. We seriously played in this box for about an hour. We still have it in our living room if anyone wants to come and play with the coolest toy ever! It is now a 'drive-in' for food. Anthony sits inside and Jake orders and Anthony and Jenna fix the food, take the money and deliver the food out the window Jake cut out. Who knew a freezer box could be so much fun?!?



I don't remember why Jenna has her shirt off, but apparently she has it off often because I have a lot of pictures of her without it. I'm sure she had just eaten dinner and gotten food ALL over just like she always does :). I guess she can run around now without a shirt and get it out of her system!!

7 comments:

J-Babe said...

That looks like fun! Back in the day when I worked at a preschool one of the teachers made a spaceship out of it by putting glow in the dark stars at the top. The many things you can do with a big box:)

Becky said...

Boxes are the best toys ever, any size or shape!

Amanda said...

thanks for having us over today. Natalie had fun in the box too! See you soon.

Natalie♥ said...

That looks like so much fun! My girls love boxes too but we have never had one that big! You better keep that one around and in the summer they can take it outside to play in.

The Strawn Family said...

it is amazing how much fun a box can be. I don't know why we ever buy toys!

The Oatmeal girl said...

that's funny that you mention the shirt thing cuz I have noticed that !! TOO Cute! My niece never has a shirt on either, really what's the point :) I hope your trip in Utah went good and it's just what you needed. See you Thursday!!

Katrina said...

At least your box came with a freezer. My boys are always more interested in the box than the toy that came in it -- I could have saved a lot of money over the years by just bringing home a box!!