Saturday, March 1, 2008

Potty Training versus Being a Prisoner..

Have you ever felt like you can't leave your house? Ever feel like you will never be able to take your child out of the house again? If not, try potty training your 2.5 year old. I know the end result will be worth it, but man is it hard to be in your house 24/7. We started the potty training escapade on Monday and made leaps and bounds since then, until we put him in pull-ups to go to the store and get mom out of the house :). Today, he has had more accidents than he did the first day....a whole 3. Sheesh...what is a mom to do? How long does this last, being stuck in the house because you don't know when he will need to go potty? He has been doing wonderfully and LOVES his big boy underwear. He keeps reminding us that when he is bigger he will shot a gun with his dad, wrestle and hunt in the mountains :). We keep reminding him this is the first step to get to those wonderful things. After we remind him of that, he runs into the bathroom. We are making progress and only use 2 diapers a day, one for nap and one for nighttime!!! YAHOO!! Let's hope he keeps doing better and better!


Jenna has found a new thing to giggle at....peek-a-boo. She LOVES putting her blanket over her head, pulling it off and giggling at whoever she sees first. It is super cute. I can't believe how much she has grown in the first six months of life. It sure is amazing having a baby in the house to remind us just how blessed we are and how much our Heavenly Father LOVES us. Here are some of my favorite pictures of her peek-a-boo fun.


Kids are so much fun!!

5 comments:

Gabriella said...

Good luck with the potty training, I feel your pain of being stuck in the house. I always get "spring fever" this time of year. Jenna looks so cute in those pictures. I'm also amazed at how fast these little babies grow, it's sad!

Bryan and Janelle Guymon said...

Sounds like Anthony is well on his way!! One thing I did with Joshua so that we could leave the house was put his pull up on over his underwear when you go out. I got the idea from a parents magazine and the claim was that it would work because then the child still feels like they are wearing underwear, but you don't have the mess if they have an accident. Anyway, just an idea, but it worked well for us until Joshua got to the point that I could predict how often he would have to go and we can now leave the house without the pull up!

Natalie♥ said...

Katie don't get discouraged on the potty training. Maddy was so hard but Kynzee was easy, so there's hope for Jenna. And Jenna looks like she has lots of fun with her blanky. Cute Cute!

J-Babe said...

Hey you hang in there! I love the pics of JennaMarie! Kids can be so funny!

marathon runner said...

Hey Katie! It's Jennifer Williams, Cute blog it is fun to see how everyones life is going. Potty training wow! Boys are so much harder than girls, so Jenna should be easier. You will learn where all the public bathrooms are and the quickest way to get there. And to only have one in diapers becomes heaven.