Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Daddy's Girl

I think I was raised right and can make my Dad proud...but now that we've started fishing as a little family, I KNOW I was raised right and make my Dad proud.

We went fishing at Rigby Lake (which is about 15 minutes away) last Friday and Saturday. Friday night was amazing! I caught the biggest fish I have ever caught. First, I caught two little rainbow trout, they were fun to catch, but nothing like my 20 inch Banana Trout! Yup, 20 inches!! Can you believe it??!! It was so fun. It seriously was going to be my last cast of the night because we had a 5K to run the next morning and needed to get to bed. I cast my line out and wham....a fish took it. I started reeling it in and finally saw the fish and yelled to Jake "OH MY GOSH, it is huge. Come see it before it gets away!" We reeled it in and was able to get it in the net. I still cannot believe I caught such a big fish. We ate it on Sunday night for dinner and it was so yummy! There was enough meat on there we had leftovers. We ate the three small rainbow trout I caught on Friday and Saturday last night, and there was barely enough for all three of us (Anthony LOVES fish). It was so huge and so fun to catch.

Thank you Dad for all those years of teaching me how to fish and teaching Jake to love fishing as well. The memories go way back when we get out there on the lake!! I know my kids will have similar memories and I'm excited to share it with them.




7 comments:

mcbingham said...

Yeah Katie!! Way to make everyone proud...not just your dad!! You sure are quite the fisher woman!

Anonymous said...

I love the yellow fish! I didn't know that you guys like to fish. Wyatt and I love it. I didn't learn how until I started to date him! You caught those in Rigby Lake? haha, I dont think I'll be swimming in there any time soon

Unknown said...

Yay for fish, well, if you like to eat that sort of thing :) Wow, way to go making your dad proud!

Amanda said...

you are so awesome! that is cool.

Becky said...

Nice work fisher woman!

Jodi said...

What a great catch! Way to go Katie! I would love to go fishing with Greg. Definitely something we need to get started. Way to go!!!

Anonymous said...

you are an awesome fisherwoman!