Well, it has been a week since we left our Idaho home. I have already learned an incredible amount of things! I guess when you jump right in you will learn or you will cry :)...or both!
Here are a few of the things I don't want to forget.
- Itailian drivers are as crazy as they say. They create their own lanes and when they pass you because you are going too slow, you basically have to get off the side of the road because they pass you and are already changing back into the 'slow' lane before they get past your car.
- We will get stared at, blatantly. People will even physically count your children with their fingers. It may or may not give you a complex.
- When you go the grocery store, be prepared to pay to use the cart and the bags (bring your own). Also, when you buy produce wear the plastic gloves that are by the bags and take it to the weigh station. There is an attendant who weighs the produce for you and puts a sticker on the bag. The checker will think you are crazy if you don't.
- Be prepared to drink warm water.
- Matching sweat suits are very popular and perfectly acceptable to wear everywhere.
- Most Italians do not speak English. People who say most people do are not telling the truth. However, if you learn a few of their words and phrases you will get along just fine. Most people are nice in trying to help you and don't look at you too crazy.
- Be prayerful in everything. You are going to need a lot of tender mercies from a loving Heavenly Father.
I am sure I will learn more as the weeks go on. I am truly grateful for this experience we are having as a family and pray that it will bless my children's lives as much as it already has mine.

4 comments:
I am loving all this! Thanks for sharing!
Loving your blog posts! So glad you are brave enough to go for this adventure!
I am glad to be able to read it myself now
Love mom
Now, the only criteria that counts when picking a RV park is if they have Internet! We love reading your reports.
I, also, am surprised Italy is so green. Are you getting rain? I suppose moisture from the ocean becomes dew to water the countryside (does that in Israel too).
Give everyone hugs for us!
Dad
What a great experience for you and your family! Thanks for writing such great posts! They are so fun to read. You are amazing!
Post a Comment