Sunday, April 20, 2008

5th anniversary, motorcycles and grandma!

What a weekend....we celebrated our 5th anniversary on the 18th and I can't believe it has been five years already. Wow time goes by quickly. I am so glad Jake and I were able to find each other--thanks Bryan! The last five years of marriage have been the best of my life. I am looking forward to many, many more. It is amazing what can happen in five years. We have two beautiful children, a house, a dog and are happier and more in love than we were five years ago. I love you Jake! My mom was here for the weekend so she helped out by watching the kids so we could go out to dinner. It has been a long time since we had been together without the kids. It was nice...but we also liked coming home to the kids. Thanks mom! Jake gave me a ring for our anniversary. It was a wonderful surprise! He even picked it out himself. I think he did a great job. I made Jake an arrangement of fruit flowers. It was quite the adventure, but they turned out great!!


It was also a warm Saturday so Jake got out his motorbike and he and Anthony enjoyed their first ride of the year! Anthony couldn't stop smiling. My mom and I went shopping and were so successful. I haven' t had a fun shopping trip for a long time. There were just too many things to pick from and we had to actually choose which ones to take and which to put back. I got some fun new things for my wardrobe and I can't wait for it to really be spring so I can wear them!!



Here is to another happy and fun five years!!







9 comments:

mcbingham said...

Yay! Happy 5th Anniversary hon! I was just thinking that this weekend was your anniversary. It sounds like you had a blast, and you totally deserve. Your mom is great to come help!

Bryan and Janelle Guymon said...

Jake and Katie -- congratulations on the big 5 year anniversary! How exciting! Jake, well done on buying the ring all on your own -- I'm impressed. It's great to hear things are going so well there in Idaho Falls.

Bryan

Arizona Nielsens said...

Congrats!! Has it really already been 5 years! It sounds like every dream in your life has come true and you are as happy as ever.

Natalie♥ said...

Happy Anniversary! It sounds like you had a fun weekend. The ring is so pretty tell Jake he did a great job! And by the way you are welcome to listen to my blog music anytime you want, I do that on other people's blogs sometimes too :)

Janelle said...

Sounds like a great weekend! Glad the nice weather came in to help you celebrate! Nice job on the ring, Jake, it is beautiful!

Stephanie said...

Happy 5th Anniversary! Beautiful ring and great fruit bouquet - looks very yummy! Glad to hear everything is going so well!

Jodi said...

What a gorgeous ring!!! Great job Jake! I wouldn't mind one of those every five years. I am very impressed with the fruit bouquet too. I would not even attempt trying one of those.

Congrats on your 5 year anniversary. Glad you guys had a good time.

Anonymous said...

I'm glad u like Enchanted too cause I love it! Congrats on being married 5 years! Thats awesome! This year will only be our 2nd

Mama G said...

Glad I got to spend the weekend with you!! It was fun to be the Grandma there to tend the kids. I loved the shopping too!!