Tuesday, April 1, 2008

The Ensign

Wow---I have been blessed this past week. I posted a few days ago about goals and after I posted I had forgotten a few to help me with my spiritual growth. Sunday was fast sunday in our ward because General Conference is this weekend, so I had a goal to fast and pray about my attitude, my goals and my desire to do better is all aspects of my life. That was my first goal. Fast. I hadn't done it for over a year and one half because of being pregnant and nursing.


My second spiritual goal was to read at least one Ensign article a day. Apparently, this is not an easy thing for me because I don't put myself first. My kids and my husband come first so I had to make time for me to reflect and read. I think the April issue of the Ensign was meant just for me. I am amazed at how many articles I have found helpful in reaching my goals...spiritual ones and temporal ones.


My favorite article was "Your Divine Heritage" by Elder Robert Oaks. It was inspiring for me to remember that I am a daughter of our Heavenly Father and he WANTS us to be happy. My favorite quote from this article is this..."...It is also a very powerful, pesronal driving factor to be able to accept that we each can have a particular role to play in this plan. You owe it to yourself to make an extra effort to discover, in every detail possible, who you really are---to discover your eternal potential in God's plan." That sure made me think. I'm so grateful for answers to prayers. I am so amazed at how a girl like me can get such a powerful answer to questions and concerns about my attitude. I am renewed once again to know I am doing the right things and that Heavenly Father watches out for and loves ME!!!

4 comments:

Arizona Nielsens said...

I haven't even cracked open the April Ensign yet, but you have made me want to. Now that the house is clean, that can be a priority on my list!

Natalie♥ said...

katie that is wonderful thanks for sharing with us!

Stephanie said...

What a great thought! I'm going to have to read that article!

J-Babe said...

I really like the first article by President Monson, have you had a chance to read that one yet? I love his talks, they are so intresting.