Thursday, February 27, 2014

Castel Sant'Elmo...

Another castle with another amazing view!  They sure know where to build these castles.  This one was pretty neat, yet still not as cool as I want to see!  I want to see ones with all the cool castle things, spears, swords, dresses, time period stuff!  Oh well, I might have to go to a different country for that some day.

This castle is now used for lots of offices.  I cannot imagine going to work in a castle each day.  It would be kind of fun.  There was this little watch tower/prison door that the kids thought was so fun.  We went up the elevator first and just walked around the top of the castle to see the sites.  Then, we headed down the moat area and walked up to the front of the castle.  We got to walk through the castle on its ramp up to its main court.  It was cool!  They still had the original doors, the draw gate, and the kids thought it was great to run through a castle.  Did I mention the views from the top were pretty awesome?  You could so a long, long ways!  It was interesting to look out on the area of Naples and see just how many buildings there were, to see all the domes of the many churches and to see the big 'crack' of the city.  There is one little road that seriously looked like a crack in the world.  Anthony was asking me what it was just as Jake was commenting on it also.  It really put into perspective how tall those buildings were.








No comments: