Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Welcome to Naples...

Wow, you would think I hadn't been in Italy for the last month with how much anxiety I had that first night in Naples.  It is crazy how your emotions affect your brain's ability to process.  We had a great drive up from Sicily.  The kids were really good considering they haven't done car rides like that before.  We stopped twice to get out and stretch our legs, take a potty break and eat snacks and lunch.When we got to Naples, my stomach was just a pit.  Naples is one of the most concentrated cities in all of Europe.  So, think LOTS of people and even more CARS. 

Finding our apartment for the first time was quite the experience.  We couldn't find a parking spot on the street close by and were not even sure which building our apartment was in. Jake dropped me off and I walked up the street to find the actual building.  Then by some miracle, one of the people who was parked right outside left, so I stood right in that parking spot until Jake could drive around and come park!  I only got a few hairy eyeballs and nobody tried to run me over so that was nice.  The apartment is small and WAY completely different than Orange Park but we are going to learn to love it and embrace city life for a month and make the most out of it.  The kids like that they can push a button and see outside to who is at the door and then push another button to unlock the door :).  They will have to adjust to having to sleep all 4 of them in the same room and to living mostly indoors, but we will and we will have a wonderful experience I'm sure: once the shock wears off.

Different is good, right?  

We did find a park down the street from us so we may just spend quite a bit of time there!  Jake found a great take out pizza place down the street and got us a pizza Saturday night and again last night.  They say it isn't even the best pizza in town, but it was yummy!  We got cheese the first night and last night we got half cheese and the other half with fries and sausage on it.  Who can go wrong with fries on pizza?  It was yum!

Getting into the groove of things takes time and I'm still grateful for the opportunity we have to be here with Jake.  I just pray we make it through this month with smiles on our faces and happy hearts!

No comments: