Monday, February 10, 2014

Very old trees...

I really shouldn't be surprised, but I guess I am not used to being somewhere with so much history and being so 'old'.  There are HUGE trees everywhere.  The first one we saw in Ragusa this weekend.  It's roots were even sprouting from the tree limbs, trying to reach the ground.  It was neat!  The poinsettia tree is here at Orange Park by the kids playground.  I caught the picture right before a big storm ruined the beautiful flowers.  I wish I could have  poinsettia tree at my house!  The bottom tree is an olive tree that we saw while we were at the valley of the temples.  It is said to be around 1200 years old.  If only trees could talk!  I'm sure all 3 of these would have quite the story to tell.


1 comment:

Steve said...

Those olive trees just get more and more character the older they get. Just like people :)