Monday, February 10, 2014

Treats! ...

The above picture is proof of why I may come home weighing more than I left :).  On the left is cannolli, which is so yummy!  The brown ones are chocolate, the middle one is a white cream, the two with cherries are sweet ricotta cheese and the green one is a pistachio cream.  Not sure I could pick a favorite, they are all super yummy!  On the left is gelato and what isn't to LOVE about gelato?  It just melts in your mouth.  Flavors are lemon, pistachio and a peanut type flavor (Jake thinks it tastes like a Reece's' Pieces.  Whatever the flavor it is YUM!

Giuseppe (the owner at Orange Park) brought us these and left them in our fridge/freezer!  How lucky are we?  Not only do I get cooking lessons (which I got another one today to learn to bake a chocolate bundt cake that is amazing), we get unlimited oranges, the kids have bikes and scooters to play on, they bring us fresh chicken eggs and he also brings us these amazing goodies!  I might just stay at Orange Park forever!

2 comments:

The Oatmeal girl said...

oh my! I wouldn't blame you if you are them all yourself either. gelato ....in Italy... is the tastiest thing imaginable! and those cannolis look amazing!

Unknown said...

Sounds like quite the life to me! Enjoyed the Skype visit this morning!