I have very mixed emotions about leaving Naples. On a VERY big scale, I am very ready to move on from a moldy, 'basement' apartment that was on a busy road in downtown Naples and was super noisy (when cars would go over the man hole outside our window and especially when it rained and we could hear the water draining through the pipes) when we tried to sleep but we created life long friends and had amazing experiences with the church and the people there so again a good bye is bitter sweet.
The things I learned from Naples will forever make me a better person (I hope). Some of the major things I learned that I do not want to forget include:
*The church is amazing. It is amazing for us as individuals and a group as a whole. It brings a light to people who are otherwise in a dreary world. The church is true where ever you go, with whoever you are going to church with and even if you do not understand 80% of what is said, you can still feel the spirit testify of truth. Love!
*Heavenly Father takes care of you when you need it the most. If not for his loving guidance and tender mercies of putting us in touch with very loving and giving people, our experience in Naples would have been 10000% worse. The Trimbles will forever be in our debt for getting us through a very hard month. We thoroughly enjoyed our time with them and all the things that we needed them for. Couldn't have asked for a better family to live in Naples with.
*Did I mention that I learned that Heavenly Father loves us? He knows each of us and what our needs will be at any given moment. So blessed to have his guiding hand in our lives.
*I WILL NEVER be a city girl. I love the wide open spaces. I love the silence that you can enjoy. I love the country smells. I love that I can have solitude. I would never make it in a city.
*My children love to play in dirt! We would go to the park and they would find sticks and dig in the dirt when all the little Italian children would stare at them and their mother's would shake their head at us. HAHA! Gotta love it.
*Jake is a pretty good driver! He got us through some major crazy moments in this huge city and we only got the "Italian wave" given to us once or twice (that we saw)! We couldn't have done what we did without Jake's willingness to drive in Italy. He was born for it here though! Almost too much so ;).
Good bye Bella Napoli, I kind of hope to never visit you again, but am grateful for the lessons I learned. It is kind of fun to say that we lived in the most densely populated city in all of Europe, but I certainly wouldn't attempt it again!
No comments:
Post a Comment