Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Leaning Tower of Pisa...

 This was our first view of the tower and the kids did not think it was very "leany".  Once we turned the corner after getting into the walls, they were all convinced it was leaning!  I actually wasn't all that excited to see the leaning tower, but I was shocked by how cool it was.  It was beautiful!  So, so crazy that because of the pour engineering that was done on this bell tower, it completely put Pisa on the map!  Not something you would want to be remembered by.  We read that the tower would be 12 feet taller if it wasn't leaning, that is quite a significant amount! 




 We enjoyed taking the typical tourist pictures of holding the tower up....  BUT because I am a lot like my Dad :), I couldn't take the picture with the leaning tower leaning so the boys were strong enough to push the tower up!
 We enjoyed eating our lunch from under an awning of the church as it poured down rain...right after we got these amazing pictures with the pretty clouds!  We have had quite a few amazing picnic lunches gazing and some pretty cool places here in Italy and Germany!
This is the angle Jake had to get to to get our leaning tower pictures!  What tourists will do for a good pictures :)!!

1 comment:

Jeannine H. said...

Fun! I'm glad you're not too embarrassed to get the fun pictures.