The building in the picture above is the Vittoriano of Rome. It was quite the building! It was pretty amazing and kind of gave you the image of what ancient Rome would have looked like. On our walk to see the Pantheon we ran into this little elephant statue and got excited because we saw one just like it in Catania. Kind of fun.
We wore Owen out. Even on the bumpy roads of Rome, he fell asleep while Anthony pushed him in the stroller. I loved this picture of our family walking down the streets of Rome with an Italian flag above us. We are living a dream!
We wore Owen out. Even on the bumpy roads of Rome, he fell asleep while Anthony pushed him in the stroller. I loved this picture of our family walking down the streets of Rome with an Italian flag above us. We are living a dream!
I had no idea what the Pantheon was but it was on Jake's list and so we headed that way. Boy was it incredible. It is the best preserved Roman building world wide. It was amazing. You walked in through those huge columns and was just in awe of the beauty inside. These pictures just do not do it justice. I guess a church took over this building and has taken care of its uptake. It was magnificent.
We had to bribe the kids with gelato to keep them walking we had such a long walk. I wasn't too sad about the bribe though! This was some of the best gelato we have had...I know, I keep saying that but it keeps getting better! On my list was the Trevi Fountain. Jake didn't know anything about it, but because it was on my list we added it to our route back to the metro station. It was worth the little extra walking. It is truly amazing what the artists can do with a piece of marble. The look so real and you feel like if you touch them you would feel their muscles and everything. It was amazing. It was kind of chilly by this time as it was getting late and the mist from the fountain got us kind of cold, but it was worth the extra little bit of walking. I even threw a coin in as legend has it if you do that or drink from the fountain, you will one day return to Rome. I sure hope so!
What an amazing day spent in Rome. It is something I've always wanted to see, but never knew just what I was missing. It was a great day, we were exhausted by the time we got home but it was so worth it. We stopped a AutoGrill on the way home and got some food. We thought it was funny that the kids meals option had pizza and that is what the kids chose! Apparently we haven't had enough pizza for their liking yet.









1 comment:
I've never heard of too much pizza. Especially in Italy, I bet its even better than here! What an awesome day. Thanks for sharing it with us ;)
Post a Comment